Q & A For Healthcare Practitioners
1. What is Ideal Protein?
Ideal Protein is a scientifically validated method for safe, rapid weight loss that can help address the obesity epidemic throughout the Western world.
Thousands of healthcare practitioners in the U.S. and Canada recommend the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method to their patients, helping move them towards an ideal weight which could affect their lipid profile, cholesterol and insulin balance. Weight maintenance is supported by Ideal Protein’s four-phase, structured protocol featuring one-on-one coaching, a balanced lifestyle education, delicious food and a diet plan which promotes losing fat while maintaining lean muscle mass.
2. Why are healthcare professionals like you recommending the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method to their patients?
Today, your patients are more likely to be overweight, to be diabetic or pre-diabetic, and to have metabolic syndrome – the precursor to heart disease and stroke. With Ideal Protein, you can create real and positive impact on patients patient’s health – without medications or surgery.
3. How is Ideal Protein different from other weight loss methods?
The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method is physician-directed, repeatable and sustainable. It is a science-based, turnkey method using a researched and tested protocol combined with individualized, professional health coaching to maintain the weight loss. Healthcare practitioners know – and research confirms – that the hardest part of weight loss is maintaining a healthy weight. Ideal Protein’s Lifestyle Approach to Maintenance gives dieters the support they need for long-term success.
4. I’ve never offered a protocol like this, or offered products to my patients. How will WLS facilitate this for my patients?
WLS strives for an initial meeting with you and your medical staff, and you get ongoing training to help create a customized, efficient referral process for overweight patients to our clinic. We let you do what you do best – focus on your patients.
5. Why is it so important to offer Ideal Protein to my patients now?
Our society is in the middle of an obesity epidemic, with skyrocketing rates of diabetes and heart disease. One in three adults have metabolic syndrome. Ideal Protein can be an ally in the Triple Aim of healthcare: improving the experience of care, improving the health of populations, and reducing per capita costs of healthcare. Ideal Protein can help improve and better prepare your practice to respond to the needs of overweight and obese patients.
6. How do I get started?
We will set up a call or a meeting and present the protocol to you. Click here to learn more about clinic partnerships.
7. I don’t have time to counsel dieters about weight loss. What’s my alternative?
Our WLS coaches who receive extensive training from Ideal Protein do all the counselling for you. Our physicians provide medical insight and monitor dieter’s health, in conjunction with your office. With this structure, you have a reliable, clinically sound alternative for your dieters who need and want to lose weight.
8. Will the integration of Ideal Protein disrupt my practice?
No. In fact, your clinic will operate more efficiently, with a professional referral source, specializing in helping your overweight patients with their weight loss.
9. How much time must I give to this protocol?
Imagine getting more time back in your day! Now you can by just recommending WLS to your overweight patients, and referring them by going to http://www.weightlossscience.com/contact-us/ and providing the patient’s name and contact information.
We take care of the rest. WLS point person or coach in handling weekly 1-on-1 visits with dieters. During these visits, we will measure and weigh the dieter, perform body composition and review the meal journal and scripted sequential education with the dieter in our offices.
As the physician, you may need to adjust medications as the patient’s health improves, and inform the patient of any changes.
10.What does it cost to get started?
There is no cost associated with integrating Ideal Protein into your practice. Once you become an approved Ideal Protein clinic, we will coordinate your on-boarding and referral materials and process training for you and your staff.
11. How will my dieters be able to afford it?
We have found that even within non-affluent communities, dieters can afford the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method, because the cost of food is similar to what they have already been spending on weekly grocery shops and dining out.
12. What type of dieter support tools do we have?
Dieters have access to a complete resource tool portal, which includes daily coaching videos, cooking, and fitness education. WLS will work with you to share information regarding the comprehensive yet easy-to-understand educational programs with interested patients. And we work to make this message as simple to understand as possible. We are committed, along with you, to helping dieters understand the science behind the protocol. This helps them be compliant and enjoy long-term results.
13. What are the health benefits of this method?
Research findings presented at the 9th Annual Obesity Summit at the Cleveland Clinic, and at the 2014 and 2015 Annual Scientific Meetings of the National Obesity Society, showed safe, rapid weight loss, and the reduction of risk factors for cardiovascular disease with the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method.
14. Many of my patients are pre-diabetic, or already diabetic. How will this method safely help them?
Diabetics have so much to gain from our protocol, because regulating glycaemia is at the very heart of our method.
While the Ideal Protein protocol is contraindicated for patients with Type I Diabetes, WLS is helping our Type II diabetics achieve better blood sugar control, often with reduced medications.
Type I Diabetics do not produce insulin, and a risk of ketoacidosis exists. These Type 1 diabetic dieters should never be placed on a strong ketogenic diet.
15. How do you modify the protocol if the dieter has significant health problems?
A health profile must be completed in order to a patient to qualify based on their health, and guide his or her weight loss plan. WLS will provide patients with progress and results each week. Then, physicians can monitor the need for any adjustments in medications, or determine if more medical oversight is required.
16. You say this method is based on science. Can you explain that?
Yes. The science of weight loss is increasingly identifying the benefits of a ketogenic method for safe, rapid weight loss. The health problems of metabolic syndrome are well known. Because of the impact of this weight loss method on insulin balance, it moves the patient toward a more balanced health condition.
17. There are a lot of good diets out there. Why is this one special?
There are several ways in which Ideal Protein is unique:
- It treats weight issues at the source. By the time patients reach their weight loss goal, they will have transformed their body’s ability to amount of insulin needed.
- It reduces carbohydrates and fats, and spares protein. In doing so, it preserves muscle tissue and protects vital organs to secure their proper function. In other words, dieters will lose fat, and spare muscle.
- It features up to 20 grams of protein per portion – twice as much as most of the competition.
- It features a high biological protein, complete with eight essential amino acids, that recreates 100% of the biological value of a complete protein for maximum assimilation and absorption.
- It reduces toxicity more than other protein diets because it features less saturated fats, no trans fats, and no aspartame.
18. Is this a high protein diet?
Our protocol is not a high protein diet. It provides the minimum daily protein requirement the body needs to function optimally.
19. You say this is “safe.” How do you define “safe?”
Good question. We say our diet is safe for a number of reasons. First, and perhaps foremost, is that we are addressing a problem caused by food with food, period. No pharmaceuticals (i.e., stimulants or appetite suppressants) are needed or used.
All candidates for our diet MUST complete a very comprehensive “Health Profile.” Those with significant medical histories and/or those taking multiple prescription medications must receive approval from their primary care physicians or specialists before beginning our protocol, or may not be admitted. Also, we want these physicians to be aware that their patient is commencing the program as certain medications (insulin, oral hypoglycemic and anti-hypertensives) usually have to be readjusted.
Individual experiences while following the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method are unique and may vary for each individual dieter. The testimonials posted on this website have been provided by individual dieters and are representative of their own personal experience and are not typical. Any statements or claims, posted on this page, are not being made by the owner of this website or by Ideal Protein. Testimonials, reference and/or results do not guarantee or predict future results, and you should not specifically expect to experience these results. (http://www.idealprotein.com/ca/testimonials)
[Note: NEW LINK: RESEARCH ARTICLES]